When creating a meeting in Microsoft Outlook does it cause frustration when a Teams meeting link is automatically created in your meeting maker? There is a way to disable the Teams auto-select meeting feature in Outlook. This will keep Outlook from auto-populating a Teams meeting link. The instructions for webmail, Outlook on a PC and Outlook on a Mac are all included below.
Disable Teams Auto-Select Meeting Feature in Outlook for Microsoft 365 Online calendar
- Go to https://outlook.office.com/mail/
- To go to Settings, click the “Gear icon” at the top right of the screen
- Then, click the “View all Outlook Settings” button at the bottom
4. Once settings are open, click on “Calendar” on the left and then unckeck box next to “Add online meeting to all meetings”.
5. Teams meetings links will no longer automatically be added to Outlook Calendar Meetings.
Disable Teams Auto-Select Meeting Feature in Outlook for Windows
- Click “File” in the menu toolbar.
- To the bottom left of the window, click “Options”.
3. In the Outlook Options window, select “Calendar”.
4. Under Calendar Options, remove the “Checkmark” from “Add online meeting to all meetings”.
5. Click “Ok”
Disable Teams Auto-Select Meeting Feature in Outlook for Mac
- Open the Mac Outlook desktop client
- In the Mac menu at the top, click “Outlook” > “Preferences”
- Click “Calendar”
4. Uncheck “add online meeting to all meetings (Applies to Microsoft 365 accounts only)”.
We hope you found these tutorials helpful. Please contact us with any questions or feel free to request additional tutorials in the future.